This book offers managers 50 fun, illuminating experiential activities for building a positive, open, and productive relationship with the people they manage. Unlike ropes courses and other off-site management activities, The Big Book of Leadership Games features activities that can be used in the workplace during staff meetings, as a part of training sessions, or even in the course of daily work. This empowering guide shows leaders how to:
- Tap employees' creativity and boost their self-confidence
- Create and sustain a mutual trust with employees
- Break down communication barriers and increase collaboration
- Bring about a positive climate in the workplace
- Encourage higher productivity
- Solicit constructive feedback
About the Author:
Vasudha Kathleen Deming is an author and consultant living in California. Her four business books published by McGraw-Hill are The Big Book of Customer Service Training Games, The Big Book of Sales Games, The Big Book of Leadership Games, and Managing and Motivating Contact Center Employees. She has also written dozens of articles for a wide variety of publications.
Vasudha is a principal at Impact Learning Systems International (www.impactlearning.com), a training and consulting firm focused on helping businesses to improve performance, increase customer satisfaction, and embrace positive management techniques.
Vasudha's other interests include long-distance running, international travel, meditation, and initiatives aimed at furthering world harmony.
A treasury of fun, simple games and activities to help you become a more effective leader and build a happier, more productive work environment
Whether you work in retail, high tech, manufacturing, health care, entertainment, or any other type of profit, nonprofit, or government organization, The Big Book of Leadership Games can help you become a more effective leader and have fun in the process. This book provides you with fifty games and activities to help you hone your management skills while forging better working relationships between you and your staff and among staff members themselves. You'll promote greater job satisfaction, increase employee loyalty, and ramp up productivity.
The unique games and activities in this book are designed for a busy workplace, and most can be accomplished in twenty minutes or less--during staff meetings, in training sessions, or even in the course of a regular work day.
These simple, illuminating activities are guaranteed to help you:
- Create and sustain trust between you and your staff
- Break down communication barriers
- Establish a strong rapport with the people you manage
- Increase collaboration among all staff members
- Tap employees' creativity and innovation
- Improve performance and productivity
- Delegate responsibilities and empower employees
- Reduce stress and create a more upbeat, congenial work environment
- Gain powerful insights on leadership from your staff