Book Marketing is all about the READER.
So, ask yourself…
- Who is my audience? (asses your target market)
- How do THEY (my target readers) find out about books?
- Then ask…
...What communication channels would be ideal for your book’s visibility?
For example, “Living a Generous Life”
1. Who is my audience?
- Church Administration/Education Directors
- Christians of all ages, students, teachers
2. How do they (my target readers) find out about books?
- Christian magazine adverts
- Religious books promotional magazine advertisements
- Social media advertisements (Amazon, Author Platforms)
- Specifically targeted mailing with free books (this is often done for megachurches)
3. Which communication channels would be ideal?
- Create a mailing list on social media. This will enable you to turn readers into fans. The best way to do this is to offer a free book, like, in this instance, “40 days to generosity”.
- Social Media Advertising
- Facebook’s precise targeting capabilities enables you to reach your niche audience at a low cost
- Use Bookpub promotions. Attempt to get in their Newsletter.
- Use Kingsumb and Rafflecopter promoting giveaways on social media to rapidly collect email addresses
- Use partnerships and cross-promotions of other authors in your genre (Christian Living) in order to promote traffic, as this is extremely effective
- BLOG! Keep a blog post; posting summary outlines, excerpts, and content creating even more visibility and interest
- Use Goodreads giveaways on social media
- Use National Press coverage.
- Use eBookstores like Amazon
4. Develop a “Marketing Plan”
- Follow a strategy, or strategies
- Track your efforts, and measure their effectiveness
- Use a “bullseye marketing framework”
- Decide how many books you want to sell. Then, choose 2-3 marketing channels to use. Whatever works, stick with it; i.e., driving people to your website or your Amazon page, by using differing affiliate links that work.
Three (3) Marketing Channels Are “Essential” For Success
1. Your Author Website
If reader enjoy your book, they’ll want to know more about you, meaning they’ll Google you and your website. How you build your website depends on what you want your readers to know and what you want to know and what you want them to do. If you want them to sign up for a newsletter, (mailing list), then make the request BIG, front and center, add incentives (free book?) want them to buy other books? Install pop-ups, then make all available books clearly visible with buttons to push to buy other books you offer.
2. Your Mailing List
Assuming you run a free promotion for 5 days on Amazon, you will get “x” number of downloads. How do you get these “x” number of readers to buy the book? That is where the mailing list comes in. Also, you can LINK the sign up for your mailing list on your website. Make it visibly clear, and throw in an incentive, like a free book (in your case, maybe 40 Days Journey to Generosity) Bottom line. You will soon build up a solid following. Manage this following well, and they will buy every book you put out.
3. Optimize Product Page on Amazon
To optimize your product page on Amazon you will need to:
- Pick your appropriate categories
- Add exacting keywords
- Make sure you blurb hooks the reader (from 1st line)
- Add media reviews
- Cover design of book is super important (must be eye-catcher)
- Sign up to “Author Central” and complete your profile
- Also complete your author bio
Giving away a book “for FREE” is powerful, why? Because it produces traffic. Like any business, you need two (2) things. Traffic, and conversion (turning traffic into customers). “FREE” gets you “TRAFFIC”, and subsequently, “TRAFFIC” gets you “SALES”, which then enables you to establish a “MAILING LIST” and to add “FANS” to your sales. In other words, “FREE” is the “TOOL” to boost visibility, driving traffic to your produce page, website, and mailing list, which ultimately produces sales and fans.
- Always remember: Word of mouth will always be your most powerful marketing tool, and one of the best ways to turn reader into fans is to create a mailing list for your readers to follow you on social media and to interact with you, and as a result, they will be much more likely to recommend your books!
If you have a story to tell, let GetPublished help you tell it!
GetPublished is an emerging powerhouse in book publishing. We’ve joined the two worlds of traditional and self-publishing into one company that can help do it all. Our capabilities and relationships allow us to create targeted and integrated book campaigns that mobilize high-profile contacts in your niche, capitalize on word-of-mouth marketing through social marketers, and extend your reach into the most prominent media publications. Our authors have the unparalleled service of an Executive Editor, one who will work with you in putting your story ideas into book form. Once that’s completed, our professional designers will work with you to design the cover and interior to make your book ready to sell.
GetPublished markets your book by distributing to every major book seller on three continents.
About Michael Stickler
To set up an appointment to speak to a Literary Agent:
Email: Alfredo Baguio
Call: (702) 605-4354